CPHE Membership Benefits
Monthly Support Group Meetings
- Activities for the Families
- Networking Among Parents
- Communication via Newsletter, E-mail, Web-Site and Voice Mail Lin
Welcome to CPHE
Clay-Platte Home Educators (CPHE) is a group of about 200 families in the Kansas City Northland who have chosen to educate their children at home. If you are concerned about the quality of education your child is receiving and the values they are being taught, or the peer pressure and social agendas your child is being exposed to; if you want a stronger family unit and to have a positive influence on your children's lives, Home Education may be for you!
Regardless of the reason, millions of families throughout the country, have chosen to educate their children at home. It isn't easy, and it requires much sacrifice, but the rewards of watching a child learn and develop in character are incredible. As a child grows and blossoms into a well-grounded young adult, parents come to realize the sacrifice was worth every penny and moment spent.
Helping you answer vital questions
If you're contemplating home schooling, undoubtedly the biggest question on your mind is "How in the world do you do it?" Hopefully, this web site and its links will help you answer some of those questions.
As a non-profit organization, CPHE has existed since 1983 and is made up entirely of volunteers who organize activities, provide answers to questions, and offer support to families.
Communication is a major function of CPHE. Keeping everyone informed and connected is a vital task. Besides monthly Support Group meetings, CPHE accomplishes communications through several means:
- Monthy Support Group Meetings:
- Newsletter: Published 10 times a year, the newsletter contains information on upcoming field trips, meetings, activities, and classified ads for curriculum.
- E-mail: Used to post updates, ask questions, buy and sell or alert members to legislative action.
- Web Site: Contains important information about CPHE, educational links, and much more.
How to Join
Memberships run from July 1 through June 30th the following calendar year.
You may email email@example.com and a form will be sent to you as an attachment; or click on the following link (CPHE Forms) and download one yourself.